March 3, 2013

Adams Elementary Visit

Greetings!

Thanks for stopping by and reading. 

On 20 February 13, I had an Author Visit at Adams Elementary in Midland, Michigan.  I spoke to the fourth and fifth graders in the library and read an excerpt from Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School. I talked to them about verbal bullies and then went on to answer a lot of great questions.

My visit to Adams marked the first time I highlighted an issue of a character other than Wrinkles.  While I normally will briefly share the issues of characters in the book, the verbal bullying of Lenny was something the audience wanted to hear more about.  I was happy to give insight on why Lenny was in the book and how we must be careful about the way we talk to others.  It was a great message to share!

Special thanks Adams for having me!

Thanks for reading.

Steady,
Marquin Parks

No comments:

Post a Comment