November 16, 2011

A Week in Review

Greetings!

I hope all is well with you.  I'm working through a nasty cold.

It's has been a week.  7 days of constantly thinking about the future.  Plotting.  Planning.  Dreaming.  Wondering. Anticipating.

The goal is to have Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School available for everyone in May of 2012.  It seems like just yeseterday I was writing and reading to students in the classroom.  Just yesterday I was submitting sections for my Masters Degree in Social Foundations.  Just yesterday I submitted WWKNS to the MEMSPA contest and doing well.  It has taken longer than I thought it would, but it seems like things are right on time.

During the past week I was selected to go to the National Reading Recovery Conference in Columbus, Ohio.  I'm looking forward to finding new things I can do in the classroom to help students see the value in literacy.

Lastly, I recieved an amazing card and token of appreciation for my trip to Mrs. Vujic's Dickinson West classroom in Hamtramck, Michigan.  As a writer, I really enjoyed the visit.  The classroom had so much positive energy.  To find out how she felt about my visit was wonderful and humbling.  I wish all of my future visits are as successful as this visit.

Thanks for reading.

STEADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment