November 10, 2011

Confirmation Through Conversation

Hey!

I assume things are going well.  Me, I'm doing excellent.

Today was one of those days that we wait for to come around.  Remember when Christmas or your birthday were near and you couldn't wait for them to get here?  Remember saying you are 10 and three quarters instead of just ten?  We had to look forward a few months, but we knew that the event would be here soon.  Well, today was like that for me.  Today was a day of confirmation.

It's hard to say exactly what happened today.  Part of me is still processing the event.  Honestly, I've been thinking and dreaming and planning for this day to come for quite some time.  I've had this conversation before and each time I prepared myself for good and bad news.  Finally, I had the real conversation over dinner and it went well.

I leave you with a chorus I wrote for a song called, Woke up in my Dreams.


Woke up in my dreams and I decided to stay

I’ve worked all my life to get here anyway

These dreams belong to me so I decided to stay

I waited my whole life for this day

Woke up in my dreams and I decided to stay

I’ve worked all my life to get here anyway

These dreams belong to me so I’ll stake my claim

If you ever dream you should do the same



Thanks for reading.

STEADY!


No comments:

Post a Comment