November 1, 2011

Just a Little More

WELCOME!
I think I'm going to eventually stop denying myself.  Seriously, I think I'm going to stop.  Every single  time I say I'm going to take the day off and not write a word, I lie to myself.  Honestly, I know I'm not going to have the time I need to finish this next book any time soon, but I can't stop thinking about it.  I have to write in it.

So, I decided to accept it and stop trying to talk myself out of writing.  What I will do is lower my productivity.  Today I wrote 3 paragraphs.  Three paragraphs.  Not pages.  Not chapters.  3 paragraphs.  Certainly something I would call a slow day in recent times, but I'm okay with that for right now.

See, I still haven't sat at that drawing pad and wrote down any thoughts on where this book is going.  Instead, I'm typing really quick on my laptop during my lunch and on my tablet phone while I had some down time between school and conferences.  Why?  I just know that I feel like I need to donate something to the book on a regular basis.  Maybe I'll scrap everything.  Maybe I'll end up using it elsewhere.  I'm not sure, but I don't mind not knowing.  I'm just happy to be writing.

I also read more of Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School to my class.  They are at the point where they've met the majority of the students that are in the classroom.  Things seem to be going well and they are responding well.

Thanks for coming back for more.

STEADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment