October 31, 2011

Stopping with no Brakes.

Greetings.

I tried to stop.  I mean, I really did.  No writing in any Wrinkles Wallace books.  Pump the brakes.  Then lunch time came about.  I had already read The Torture chapter in M.A.G. to my class to show them how important it is to bring your talents and gifts to school to share them with your community.  I made sure they held me to bringing good writing on a daily basis.  Lunch time.  I was sitting in a chair and I opened up a new Word document.

I figured I'd just write the title and talk about the letter that Wrinkles always gets in the mail right before the book starts.  The letter serves as a huge clue to let the reader know what should be going on in the book.  Next, I wrote Table of Contents and Dedicated to...  I tried to stop.  Seriously, I did.  Until my latest phrase started echoing through my head.  "Mosquito quick, Mr. Prolific."  One paragraph about mosquitoes, and another about Wrinkles not being quick just jumped off my fingers.  Within five minutes I had two paragraphs and the book was started.  I stopped and saved the progress.

Later, I read the first 5 chapters of Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School to my new class.  I think they liked it.  There were laughs and comments.  The planned surprises in the book were surprises to the listeners.  Did-I-just-hear-what-I-thought-I-heard listeners were trying to make sure they weren't the only one that heard what I said.  Not bad for an introduction.

Thanks for reading.

STEADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment