May 26, 2013

Addison Middle School Author Visit

Greetings!!!! 
I hope all is well with you. Me? I'm steady!

On 24 May 2013, I had the opportunity to do an Author Visit at Addison Middle School. The mission for this visit was to just talk about being a writer.  I can do that!

As I pulled up to the home of the Panthers, I could feel the positive energy flowing from within the building.  
After signing in and meeting some of the staff and students, I went to the new auditorium to see where I would be speaking to the sixth graders.  They had the perfect place for me to sit and read.
Yet, if you know me, then you know that I cannot sit/stand near the microphone and just talk. 
I like to move around, sit in the audience, interact with the kids, and work the room.  
After sharing the story of how my book came to life, the audience was okay with me reading a few chapters and answering questions.

I'd like to thank the staff and students at Addison for allowing me to share my story with a great audience. Good times!

Thanks for stopping by!

Steady,
Marquin

No comments:

Post a Comment