February 17, 2013

Wrinkles Wallace and the Recent Media Coverage

Greetings!  I hope all is well with you.

Me? I’m STEADY!

The last 6 weeks = Absolute Blur.
2013 started out with a front page article in the Oakland Press. Yes, on 01 January 2013, I was on the FRONT PAGE of the OAKLAND PRESS! 

Here is a link to the article on the Oakland Press website:
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2012/12/31/news/local_news/doc50e1f6b6e604c013504653.txt?viewmode=fullstory

Here are some pictures of the website/newspaper:


On 20 January 2013, I was invited to appear on the WNEM TV5 morning show with Kristin Moore.  I sat off camera and was able to see some of the behind the scenes events that go on during a newscast. Then it was my time to talk to Kristin about my book.  As she transitioned from the previous story, I took a deep breath, pushed the nervous thoughts away and realized I was about to be on television. We did two sessions that morning and I really enjoyed the experience.  (And yes, the television cameras do add 10 pounds.)

Here are some pictures from the studio:



Here is a link to one of the segments:
http://www.wnem.com/video?clipId=8212378&autostart=true

On 08 February 2013, I was invited to speak to the Ann Arbor Pioneer High School Rising Scholars. I spoke about identifying your dreams and working to make them happen.  In addition, I shared my story of being a high school student at Pioneer, and what I did to become a published author. I also read an excerpt from Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School and answered questions. 
Here is a picture of my visit:

On 13 February 2013, I was interviewed on the Michigan Literary Network show. I was able to share insight on how Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School was developed. I always enjoy taking about writing and encouraging others to embrace their creativity.
My segment stars at the 15m20s mark.  Here is a link to the interview:

 
Not a bad way to start 2013.  I have been able to share Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School in the newspaper, on television and radio, and during a school visit.  These opportunities have been blessings for me and I hope I have been able to be a blessing to others. 
Thanks for reading and supporting. 

Steady,
Marquin

3 comments:

  1. It is great that you are willing to share your story. You inspire others. That is great how 2013 is starting off looking bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    I hope to continue to make steady progress throughout 2013.

    Steady,
    Marquin Parks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. A teachers life. A role model's quest to inspire!

    ReplyDelete