August 7, 2012

M.I. Teacher/Blogger Meet Up & My 1st Book Signing

Greetings! Thanks for stopping by.  I hope all is well. Me, I'm STEADY.

On 29 July 12, I attended the Michigan Teacher/Blogger Meet Up in Northville, Michigan.  During the event, numerous teachers/bloggers met up to share and learn with each other.  We laughed a lot and encouraged each other to dive even further into our future plans.  It is always great to be around passionate people that are trying to make the world better.

On 4 August 12, I had my first official book signing at the Next Chapter Bookstore & Bistro in Northville, Michigan.  Throughout the entire week I spent plenty of time trying to focus on getting my words together for the event. I was even lucky enough to ask some authors for feedback on Kate Messner's Teachers Write! blog.  They were kind enough to offer me some advice on how to structure my book signing.

On the day of the event I was beyond excited and pretty nervous.  When I arrived at the bookstore, the look of familiar faces helped me to calm down and start enjoying myself.  As I mingled with friends, family, and patrons of the store, I couldn't help but think about how lucky I have been during this process.  Watching strangers walk up and inquire about my book was great.  Kids, parents, grandparents, and a visitor from Arizona were all introduced to the wacky world of Wrinkles Wallace. Some buyers were even kind enough to purchase with the intent to share the book with others.  It was an honor to be able to share some of the wonderful things that are found in Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School.  Plus, all the books were sold. 

As the band across the street continued to play marvelous music throughout the afternoon and evening, I was so thankful of those that came out and showed support.  And, I was invited back to have another signing when Wrinkles Wallace: Fighters of Foreclosure is released.

So, special thanks go out to The Next Chapter Bookstore and Bistro, my family and friends, the patrons, and Meridia Publishers for making sure things went well for the signing.

I'm on the list!

Outside the Next Chapter Bookstore & Bistro:
 It's getting close to 4pm
 My table and books:
 Some of the cool people that wanted to get their books signed:





Thanks again for reading and sharing these events with  me.

Steady,
Marquin

*All pictures were taken by my Wonderful Wife.*

PS The next few blogs will serve to provide the first six chapters of Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School.  In addition, I will share a chapter from The Misunderstanding of Alexander the Grate.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment