April 28, 2012

My Michigan Reading Association Article = PUBLISHED!

GREETINGS!

I sincerely hope all is well with you.  Me, I'm STEADY.

In the beginning of 2102, I was contacted by Erin Klein (Educator, Technology GURU, Blogging Superstar, etc) to submit an article to be considered for publication with the Michigan Reading Association.  

The MRA has a a conference that I've attended for many years.  In fact, it is one of those conferences that I constantly get something out of when I attend.  Over the years, I've listened to some great speakers and I've had the opportunity to talk with numerous authors that gave me feedback about being a writer and what it would take for me to get to the next level.  Authors like Nancy Shaw and Marissa Moss actually sat and ate with me while providing insight and encouragement.

So, when news came that I could possibly contribute something to the MRA community that has given so much to me as a writer and educator, I took some time and wrote an artilce about how to motivate boys to read when they are between books.

Last  night I was out working on some stuff for Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School and I did a search on the MRA website.  The name I put into the search function ended up bringing up the article that I wrote.  Needless to say, I was excited when I found out that my article was already published.  I instantly felt a deeper connection to the organization that has contributed so much to my journey as an educator and writer.  I only hope the words in my article can inspire other educators.

Thanks for stopping by!

STEADY!

Oh, and if you would like to read the article, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment