October 27, 2011

Nearing the Finish Line

Hey!
I hope all is well with you.  I’m doing the best I can.

Music: A shuffle of everything because I feel like I’m all over the place.
I planned on going back to EMU to sit in on the African American Literature class.  I was going to bring some poems in and work with the students on dissecting and interpretations.  Things didn’t go as planned and I did not make it.
I heard back from Mrs. Vujic about my visit to her classroom at Dickinson West in Hamtramck, Michigan.  It was good to read that the students and her colleague enjoyed my time in their community.  She also let me know that her principal invited me to join them again in the future. There may even be some compensation for my return visit… Paid author visits make me smile.
Today I tried to bridge the biggest remaining gap in the story.  12 pages later, that gap was closed and I am 117 pages deep into Wrinkles Wallace: Rights of Writers.  I have two small portions to write that could be anywhere from few paragraphs to a few pages.  I am so close that I could stay up late and probably finish after midnight.  I just might write a little more, but I feel confident about finishing within the next few days.   Don’t want to rush it because I’m this close.  I mean, I could sprint to the end, but I feel like I’m already going 100mph.  I can almost hear the Common's voice saying "Writin' for my life 'cause I'm scared of a day job." It won't be long. 

I’ll keep you posted.  Stay tuned...
This has been a wonderful month of writing. 
Thanks for reading all that you have.
STEADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment