October 26, 2011

Deadlines and Decisions

Greetings!

I hope all is well with everyone.  I'm doing the best I can.

I took another look at that list.  I seem to be looking at it a lot more as of late.  It's all I seem to be thinking about.  The list. The list  It had ten things on the list.  Now the list is down to three things.  I am estimating that I have between ten and fourteen pages left before I have connected everything and finished the first complete draft of Wrinkles Wallace: Rights of Writers. 

I feel like this book is sturdy. It has humor and plenty of twist and potholes and some messages.  It is the missing piece and the it will connect this phase of the puzzle. 
I really didn’t think that writing this book in a month would mean so much.  Suddenly, that was a very good choice.  I found out I won't have my days to write anymore because I am going back to the classroom.  
I wonder what would have happened if I wasn’t so committed to meeting this challenge… 
Would this book have taken months/years to finish? 
Then the other questions started coming...
What will happen with the idea I have for the next book? 
How long will it take to write that book? 
Do I take a break at 5 compete children’s chapter book? 
Is it time to walk away from writing so much and focus on tying what I have completed to the Common Core Standards that will be utilized by teachers to deliver content to students that meet’s the state’s expectations? 
After a long day of thinking about how my new situation impacts Wrinkles and my writing, I finally was able to write something at about 10:30 PM.  By 11:25 PM, I had three more pages and one of my items was eliminated from the list. 

8 – 12 pages left. 
106 complete.   

I can be finished before Sunday… 

Thanks for reading!

STEADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment