May 13, 2012

News Release & More Class Visits

Greetings! 

I hope all is well with you.  Thanks for stopping by.

Times are very busy.  We are currently in mid-May and the pressure is on to continue to build a buzz for the release of Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School.  I’ve taken to Facebook and Twitter to begin making more connections.  In addition, we sent out a news release and I’ve been asked to visit classrooms to talk about the writing process.
Classroom visits are always interesting.  Being invited into a new classroom setting and trying to match the vibe and energy of the students can be difficult, but I’ve been having a lot of success.  I start by giving some background on how I began writing my book.  After that, I read three chapters.  Then, I open up for questions, comments, and concerns.  I’ve had so much fun talking to about 400 hundred students over the past two weeks.  Major THANKS to the teachers that invited me into their classrooms to share my story.

The news release…  Whoa!  I have been looking forward to having a news release.  To me, it’s an official sign that the book will be coming soon.  Plus, with all the progress we have been making behind the scenes, it is critical to let the public know what we are doing. 

Needless to say, when I read the news release, I was proud and humbled.  I was proud of the fact that I have continued to grow and develop this dream of being a published author.  Yeah, there have been plenty of reasons to give up and just share my book with students through my work as an educator.  Honestly, I don’t think I would have been totally happy with just doing that. 

I was humbled by the fact that so many great people have been supporting this grassroots cause.  I realize that getting Wrinkles Wallace: Knights of Night School into the hands of young readers will definitely be something that spreads through word of mouth and social media.  I can't help but be thankful that people are working to spread the word.

Thanks for reading!

STEADY!

No comments:

Post a Comment